Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Iris Folded Raggedy Ann

Who hasn't heard of Iris folding? I never had until I searched Raggedy Ann. Iris folding is aptly named so for the center of the design, it's said to resemble a iris when done. Originally invented in Holland it's used for scrap booking and card making. I watched a tutorial on YouTube, it's pretty easy when you see it. The patterns are written with the order of placement, ie: 1 first, 2 second, etc. The pattern has each number listed with a color

You cut your outline from the card stock, place it on the pattern and tape strips above the #'s with the right color and in the right order. Your color strips are 1 inch with one side folded 1/3 of the way in. Enlarge the pattern and print off! The center is mostly holographic paper but not necessary. Origami paper is recommended but other paper is welcomed.



Visit Circle of Crafters for more free Iris Folding patterns. C&G Design


7 comments:

Kathleen said...

Mornin' Dawn....well, another big storm heading our way. What a month January has been. It will be a good day for me to do some sewing, and just cuddle on down with a hot drink. I don't think I could do this paper folding...it looks very math related. It is quite fascinating though. Let me know who your project comes out. Hey! Is that your telephone ringing? :) :) :) Hugs, Kathleen

tina said...

Too cool. I have never heard of it but love the folds and all. And of course, I love irises.

Jean Merriman said...

Very neat. I had never heard of it but think I had seen it and wondered how it was done. Now I know but I'll leave it to you to do it. Looks like too much for me.

Hunker down day for us northern folks. Yesterday they said only 4-6 inches on the coast. Now they say 8-14 on the coast. Not doing much yet as there is only a dusting but they say it will come on hard in the afternoon.

Zach said...

How, odd. I have never heard of Iris folding. It sorta reminds me of origami!

Skeeter said...

That is a new one to me today! Where do you find all this neat stuff Dawn? :-) I almost missed Ann & Andy Day!

Hope you weather the storm....

The Muse said...

I like it!

Protector of Vintage said...

Thanks for posting on this topic. I've never heard of it and am going to give it a try!!